AeroGarden Lettuce Pruning For Maximum Yields
Are you looking for the best way to harvest lettuce from an AeroGarden?
Lettuce will grow fast in your indoor garden system. And knowing how to harvest it properly will increase your yields.
After reading this article will know how to harvest AeroGarden lettuce to maximize its growth.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.
Related Indoor Garden Articles:
- 75 Plants You Can Grow With A Click and Grow Smart Garden
- AeroGarden Alternatives For Indoor Gardening At Home
- 27 Best Things To Grow In AeroGardens
- 3 Best AeroGardens For Growing Tomatoes
- 4 Easy Ways To Grow Sprouts At Home
When Should You Start Harvesting Your AeroGarden Lettuce?
You can start harvesting your AeroGarden lettuce 3 weeks after planting it.
How Often Should You Harvest Your AeroGarden Lettuce?
AeroGarden lettuce grows back quickly and can be harvested 2-3 times a week.
What Supplies Do You Need To Harvest AeroGarden Lettuce?
Here is what you will need to harvest your lettuce:
- scissors or pruning shears
- lettuce with 3 weeks of growth
- produce container
How To Harvest AeroGarden Lettuce
- Get your pruning shears or scissors
- Cut off 1-2 inches from the top of the lettuce.
- Be sure to prune the lettuce evenly.
- Don’t cut more than 1/3 of the lettuce off (always leave 2/3 of the plant in the AeroGarden).
- Place the lettuce you cut off into a produce container and put into the fridge until you are ready to use it.
See latest Aerogarden sales here.
Tips For Maximizing Your Lettuce Harvests
Keep lettuce leaves as even as possible by cutting off the bigger leaves
- Cut the leaves off as close to the base of the stem as possible.
- This will allow more light and air to reach the smaller leaves and increase your yields.
Keep the lights low to the lettuce
- The more light lettuce gets, the more it will grow.
- Pruning the lettuce evenly will help keep the lights low.
Grow lettuce in the coolest place in your home
- Lettuce grows best in cooler temperatures (55-70 degrees fahrenheit).
Use a fan to keep the lettuce cool
- Using a fan will circulate the air and cool off the lettuce.
Use an AeroGarden Seed Kit to grow your lettuce
- AeroGarden tests their seeds to make sure they grow well indoors and will grow quickly.
Final Thoughts On Harvesting Lettuce From An AeroGarden
Following the steps in this article will maximize your lettuce yields and allow you to harvest your lettuce for months.