The Best Gardening Gloves To Protect Your Hands
Whether you garden indoors or out, gardening comes with some hazards.
But with the right pair of gardening gloves they can be minimized or even completely eliminated.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.
Here is a quick summary of the best gardening gloves that you’ll discover in this article:
Best Gardening Gloves For Digging
Best Second Skin Gardening Gloves
Best Nitrile Gardening Gloves
Best Gardening Gloves For Rose Pruning
Best Gardening Gloves For Kids
Should You Wear Gloves When Gardening?
Yes! Wearing gloves when gardening will protect your hands by helping to:
- prevent bacterial and fungal infections
- protect against cuts and scrapes
- keep your hands dry
- prevent blisters
- keep chemicals off your hands
More Gardening Articles:
- 14 Foods You Can Grow From Scraps
- The Best Indoor Garden Kits For Growing Food All Year Long
- 15 Mosquito Repelling Plants For Your Garden
5 Best Gardening Gloves To Keep Your Hands Protected
Best Digging Gardening Gloves
- These gloves make planting and digging much easier without needing other tools
- They have 4 built-in claws on each glove
- Are waterproof and easy to clean
- Comfortable and breathable with nylon knitting on the back
Best Gardening Gloves With Second Skin Feel
Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Gardening Gloves
- These gloves have a second skin fit
- Made from breathable bamboo
- Absorbs perspiration
- Keeps your hands cool
Best Gardening Gloves Made With Nitrile
Showa Atlas Nitrile Tough Gloves
- These gloves are lightweight
- Have increased puncture resistance
- Fantastic grip
Best Rose Pruning Gloves
- Made from 100% natural premium goat skin leather
- Extended cuff to protect your arms
- Ergonomic thumb design for easier tool gripping
- Protects against rose gardener’s disease (sporotrichosis)
Best Kids Gardening Gloves
- Machine washable
- Flexible lining makes these gloves comfortable
- Knitted elastic cuff for snug fit
- Anti-slip soft coated palms
Common Questions About Gardening Gloves
How Do I Choose A Gardening Glove?
To choose a pair of gardening gloves, determine of much protection your hands will need.
Then find a pair a gardening gloves that are made of a material that will offer this protection.
For example, leather gardening gloves to protect your hands from thorns.
You will then need to find the right size so that the gloves fit snugly but don’t restrict hand movement.
Can I Wash Gardening Gloves?
Yes gardening gloves can be washed.
How they need to be washed depends on which materials the gloves are made of.
Some gloves can be washed in a washing machine and others will need more care and be hand washed.
What Are Garden Gloves Made Of?
Gardening gloves are made of many different materials. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Goat skin leather
- Cow hide suede
- Synthetic leather
The Last Thing You Need to Know About The Best Gardening Gloves
Gardening has its hazards and can be unkind to your hands.
But with a good pair of gardening gloves you can keep those hazards at bay and keep your hands protected.
Just choose the gloves that best match your gardening needs.