BEST COMPOST BINS FOR NUTRIENT-RICH GARDENING SOIL
Compost bins will help you create a more tidy looking compost and will help to keep its nutrients from being washed away.
After reading this article you know which compost bins are the best options for you to get started with composting.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.
Related Gardening Articles:
- What You Can Compost List
- 5 Best Gloves For Gardening
- The Best Indoor Garden Kits For Growing Food All Year Long
ARE COMPOST BINS WORTH IT?
Yes! Compost bins are worth it. Compost bins:
- keep your compost materials protected from weed seeds being blown onto it
- prevent compost matter from drying out
- compost in bins is warmer
- prevent plant nutrients from leaching out when it rains
- take up less room than having an open heap
WHAT IS THE BEST TYPE OF COMPOST BIN?
The best type of compost bin is one that is easy to use, keep pests out, and produce good compost in a shorter time than having a post pile.
Tumbling compost bins do all of these things and more.
This composter is easy to use, looks good, and also makes compost tea!
DO COMPOST BINS WORK?
Yes! Compost bins work. They contain all of the organic matter that you put into it and turn it into a nutrient-rich end product that will help you grow a better garden.
DO YOU NEED 2 COMPOST BINS?
Having 2 compost bins will make composting much easier. Keep one on your kitchen counter to collect kitchen scraps and other household wastes inside.
Then have another one in your backyard for yard wastes and for emptying your indoor compost.
WHAT GOES IN A COMPOST BIN?
You can put kitchen scraps such as vegetable peelings and egg shells in a compost bin.
You can also put yard wastes such as grass clippings and leaves in your compost bin.
Here is a compost list of many other wastes from your home that can be composted.
BEST COMPOST BINS FOR KITCHENS
iTouchless Titanium 1.6 Gallon Oval Compost Bin with AbsorbX Odor Filter System
- has filters to remove compost odors
- made of stainless steel
- keeps pests out with its pest resistant seal
- easily fits on counter near sink with its oval shape
- 1.6 gallon capacity to store kitchen scraps for days
- 8.25 inch wide opening allows you to easily put your kitchen scraps into the bin
- has an easy-grip stainless steel handle for carrying to your outside compost bin
NEW OXO Good Grips Easy-Clean Compost Bin
- has a smooth interior for easy cleaning even if you don’t use compost bags
- its design keeps compost bags neatly inside
- has a lid that stays open while you are working in your kitchen to easily place your scraps into
- removable lid for easy emptying
- handle folds down when not in use
- designed for sitting on counter tops
- 1.75 gallon capacity
Gold Star Kitchens Compost Bin
- made with strong surgical-grade stainless steel
- 2 carbon filters in the lid to prevent odors and fruit flies
- comfortable silicone handle
- comes with an extra set of carbon filters
- 30 day money back guarantee with a 3-year free replacement warranty
- fits on counter top
- 1.3 gallon capacity
BEST BACKYARD COMPOST BINS
FCMP Outdoor IM4000 Tumbling Composter
- this composting tumbler has two chambers for composting which creates an uninterrupted amount of rich, healthy compost
- corrosive resistant steel frame
- adjustable air vents for excellent aeration
- made of polypropylene and won’t degrade in direct sunlight
- turn the tumbler every couple days instead of having to mix your compost pile by hand
- 37 gallon capacity
Compost Bin by GEOBIN – Expandable, Easy Assembly
- GEOBIN compost bins are made with 100% recycled plastic
- provides excellent ventilation
- easy to move
- easy to assemble with closure keys
- expands to 4 feet
- 216 gallon capacity
Envirocycle Composting Tumbler Bin and Compost Tea Maker
- makes solid AND liquid compost
- no assembly required
- made in the USA
- BPA free
- made of food safe material
- UV and antioxidant protected
- 35 gallon capacity
Final Thoughts On Compost Bins
Composting will help you save money by creating your own fertilizer for your garden.
And the compost bins in this article will help make composting easier and much tidier too!